Get ready for ASTHO’s Health Equity Summit, an annual convening of state and island area health officials, federal and local partners, and stakeholders committed to advancing health and racial equity. This event is designed by and for public health professionals, health equity leaders, and their partners.
Attendees will have conversations that inspire action to confront health inequities’ root causes and move towards justice. The summit provides a forum for leaders to gather and learn more about health equity initiatives across the nation and how to implement similar policies in their own jurisdictions.
This year’s summit will:
- Motivate the public health workforce and stakeholders to prioritize implementing evidence-based practices and policies directed toward advancing the health and well-being of people who have experienced historical discrimination and oppression.
- Promote equity practices that are sustainable within our public health system by working alongside community members to envision a nation that supports optimal health for all.
- Encourage collaboration and information sharing among state and federal health officials, partners, and stakeholders across states and jurisdictions to advance equity.
- Provide continuing education credit:
- CREDIT: The Wake Forest University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- ACCREDITATION: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Wake Forest University School of Medicine and the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO). The Wake Forest University School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- April 25: Sponsored by North Carolina AHEC, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 1.5 total Category I contact education contact hours. Maximum advanced-level continuing education contact hours available are 1.5. Provider ID# 98985
- April 26: Sponsored by North Carolina AHEC, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 4.25 total Category I contact education contact hours. Maximum advanced-level continuing education contact hours available are 4.25. Provider ID# 98985
You can visit our past resources to learn more about our previous summits.
A Hybrid Event in 2023
Join Us In-Person—
This year’s Health Equity Summit is a hybrid event, featuring the inaugural in-person convening at the Emory Conference Center Hotel in Atlanta, GA April 25 – 26, 2023. The Summit will kick off on Tuesday, April 25, at 7:30 p.m. with an Island Areas Reception and Panel Discussion Recognizing U.S. History in the Island Areas and Implications for Public Health.
Open to the public.
Can’t make it to Atlanta? Don’t worry! Just as in past years, ASTHO's Health Equity Summit features virtual sessions and, like last year, you will be able to attend by registering below.
Registration is now open for the 2023 Health Equity Summit!
Our sessions feature some of the leading voices of health equity and public health.